Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blue Passport for Nathan

Yehey, the little boy now has a passport!


Ford and I became a little envious haha! As Philippine passport holders, we have so many travel limitations. We can't even cross the neighboring US without a visa even though we're already Canadian permanent residents. Itong anak namin, bongga! Blue passport na kaagad. He could go places without restrictions. That's what we Filipinos lack eh -- mobility.

Seriously, I was very happy to finally get hold of Nathan's passport. Our sacrifices in my pregnancy have paid off. There were times when I was still pregnant that I contemplated 'go home' and just give birth in Pinas. But my desire for my child to be a Canadian right away prevailed. Inasmuch as I love being Filipino, I would have to admit that my son will have a better chance in life if he becomes a natural born citizen of a first world country. Wala namang doubt dyan.

I will first bring Nathan in the Philippines this July (Ford will follow/fetch us in November). I am so excited as we will be staying there for more or less four months. We want our son to be acquainted well with Filipino culture -- despite him being a blue passport holder. Then in December, we are going to visit Ford's family in California.

So this is it! The start of international travel for our little boy. The world is his for the taking!


No comments:

Post a Comment