Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thanksgiving Day 2016

And I thought this year's Thanksgiving Day will pass without us doing anything.


As I've mentioned before, I am a fan of celebrating occasions. Gusto ko lahat talaga sine-celebrate kahit papano. That's why when I came to live here in Canada, natuwa ako. Nadagdagan nga kasi ng "Thanksgiving Day" ang listahan ng mga dapat i-celebrate.

I've always had this vision of a  'sossy' Thanksgiving dinner table (complete with all those autumn trimmings) pero di ko pa nae-execute. My first Thanksgiving here in Canada was in 2014 , I was pregnant kaya simpleng celebration lang. Last year naman (2015), Nathan and I were in Pinas. This year, lalong hindi feasible. We just moved here in Surrey last October 2 and we are practically living in mess (as in until now!). Our things, including the furniture, are still in storage.

Anyway, happy pa rin ako because Ford came home last October 10 (Monday) with a pot and portable burner! Tapos may mga ingredients na. Haha, hindi na niya talaga napigil ang craving niya. Napabili na talaga siya ng pang-hot pot!

So ayun, we feasted na. Ang sarap, bagay sa rainy weather.  Happy Thanksgiving to us!



--------------------------------------

Ooops, before I forget, these are the things that I am majorly thankful for this year:

  • I was able to help Ford even in my little way (too vague ba haha!)
  • We were able to sell our house (despite Alberta's real estate situation)
  • We were able to move here in BC (na matagal na naming pangarap)
  • I've made a lot of new good friends in Edmonton (who I will cherish in my heart forever)
  • My bond with the "Cuatro Hermosas in Edmonton" have strengthened and they will always be my core group here in Canada despite the distance
  • All of us in the family are in good health and we are happy
Marami kaming challenge na hinarap, hinaharap, at haharapin pa this year but we are grateful. Test of strength namin yan eh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment