Friday, December 19, 2014

Goodbye, Tita Mareng! =(

Another very sad news from home. Tita Mareng, one of two surviving sisters of my mother, passed away last December 16, 2014.


I cried hard. It was a sudden death. Her family just brought her to the hospital because she couldn't breathe. But just after two days, she passed away because of pneumonia and heart attack.

I feel for my cousins Jemma and Mac Mac. I can't imagine losing my own mother so I know how tragic this must be for them.

I also feel sad for my Mamoosh and Tita Oya. They love their sister very much. Now it's just the two of them left.

I am full of regrets. The last time I saw Tita Mareng was on the day I left the Philippines for Canada (November 5, 2013). Together with my Nanay, she and Tita Oya sent me off. I will always remember na pinagbalat pa niya talaga ako ng hipon sa huling lunch ko noon because I was already in a hurry and didn't want to get my hands dirty. I hugged her before I left, asked her to take care of my mother while I am away.


She was "arboring" one of my bags but I told her na koleksyon ko iyon. Na bibigyan ko siya ng bago pag-uwi ko. I meant it talaga. Sayang hindi ko natupad. Sayang din hindi na niya nakita si Nathan.

Again, one of the saddest things that can happen to a person while he/she's abroad is to be told that a loved one from back home passed away. I felt so helpless. I want to see her for the last time and thank her for all the good things that she's done for me but I couldn't. Ang nagawa ko na lang ay magpadala ng kaunting halaga para makatulong sa burial expenses niya (thanks to Ford).

Rest in peace, Tita Mareng. I may never have told you this ever, but I love you. And I will miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment