Wednesday, December 10, 2014

They who came to visit

If there's one person who I wanted to visit me when I gave birth, that would be my mother. But she was so far away and I had no choice but to deal with giving birth with just my husband around.

Ford was very reliable and I am more than grateful. Sa totoo lang, I am proud na nakaya namin ang difficult ordeal ng pregnancy ko na kaming dalawa lang. But syempre, we were so happy that when I gave birth to Nathan, may mga taong bumisita sa amin.

November 14 -- Daddy and Mama

Pod fetched Daddy and Mama at home the morning after I gave birth. They were very happy and excited to see their grand son. I am glad that Chicklet was able to meet them on his very first day on earth.


November 15 -- Cecil, Joy, and Mylene 

Joy posted on Facebook a banana cake which she baked a couple of days before I gave birth. When I commented on that post, she replied that she will bake me one as soon as nakapanganak na ako. And she fulfilled that promise! Joy is a new friend and I wasn't expecting that she will take time to visit me. She even brought Cecil and Mylene (who just got back from a five-month 'vacation' in Pinas) along! I am happy to have found new girl friends here in Edmonton.


November 16 -- Ate Celina and Kuya Lito

Ate Celina found out in Facebook that I gave birth already and she messaged me that she will come by to visit. I was so touched. We've recently just met her (through the Noralta peeps) imagine that! She came with her husband Kuya Lito na bagong dating lang din from the Philippines.



November 18 -- The Casanovas (Ate Marina, Kuya Aldo, Alyanna, Cassandrea, and Katrina)

Ate Marina is my second cousin (from my father's side) who I just met last June through Tita Che. Nakapunta na sila dito sa bahay noong pumunta dito sina Tita Che at Tatay.

Sa bahay na nakabisita ang mga Casanovas because they found it hard to find a common available free time. Talagang buong pamilya silang pumunta at nakipagkuwentuhan for more than three hours and we really appreciated that. It's so nice to have found some relatives here in Edmonton.


They even brought pancit and goto for me.


November 21 -- The Cuencas (Bal, Cel, Claire, and Mago)

The Cuencas also visited us at home. Bal will become Nathan's Ninong, by the way.

All our beloved visitors came bearing gifts for our little boy so we are extra thankful. They all made us feel loved! Maraming maraming salamat talaga sa kanila!

I don't remember visiting any one who has just given birth so this experience made me take note that the next time I have a friend or relative na nanganak, I will return the kindness and generosity. I realized na kahit kaya naman namin ni Ford na kaming dalawa lang, iba pa rin kapag may ibang taong 'dumamay' sa inyo. Nakaka-touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment