Friday, June 19, 2015

Lucky Me Baked Mac in Edmonton!

I am a self-confessed 'instant noodles' addict. I know it's not healthy but now that I am living here in Edmonton, mas grumabe. Cheapest and easiest to prepare na hot merienda kasi.

Anyway, I've long been craving for Lucky Me Baked Mac. It's one of my favorites in Pinas (super sarap naman kasi talaga) kaya talagang malungkot na wala nito sa Edmonton. Nalibot ko na ang mga Filipino/Asian stores dito sa Edmonton, wala talaga.

Until recently.

We were in the South area two weeks ago and I asked Ford to drop me off at 3J Variety Store because I wanted to buy a bottle of efficascent oil. I knew na meron sila because whenever I am on a store, I mentally check on all their products para alam ko kung saan bibili just in case mangailangan ako.


I told Ford (who was left in the car with Nathan) I'll only buy the efficascent oil but of course I couldn't leave the store without checking on all the shelves first. Baka may bagong product eh. And lucky me, I my eyes spotted the shiny yellow pack of Mac & Cheez! Naisip ko agad, kung may Mac & Cheez, may Baked Mac tiyak! And yebaaah, meron nga!

Grabe, I was so happy! Sabi ko sa cashier na palagi sana silang magtinda nito haha!


I only bought 8 packs (at $0.80) because I am already going back to Pinas for a long vacation. Pero kung hindi, iho-hoard ko talaga. That's what I learned here eh, kapag may gusto kang Filipino grocery item, bumili ka na ng medyo marami kasi baka kapag kailangan mo ay walang available (malamang wala pang shipment) or kailanganin mo pang mag-ikot sa mga Filipino stores para makahanap.

Hay, it felt like heaven when I tasted that familiar instant baked mac again (although napansin ko na nag-iba na ang shape ng noodles). Ang huling kain ko pa nito ay last year, when Ford went home to the Philippines for the burial of his grandmother. I was pregnant then and I asked my mother to send me ten packs. Ten packs lang dahil masama nga ang mga ganitong pagkain sa buntis. I regretted it so badly, really. I should have requested for 100 packs!


As I have said in this post, I am happy whenever a new Filipino product becomes available here in Edmonton because it gives me hope. Who knows, baka Purefoods sizzling sisig naman next time o Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs (sana i-allow na ng Canada na makapasok ang mga canned meat products natin dito)! #asapa


No comments:

Post a Comment