Friday, January 22, 2016

Christmas Tree 2015

It's already 2016, I know! But I have so many backlogged posts so please bear with me.

This was our tree last Christmas. It's simple but I liked it. I went for a yellow green-and-red theme because I have a child now. Para mas pambata.


I bought twenty stuffed Santa Claus and Snow Man (at Php99.75 each) at SM North EDSA because I found them cute. Ford and I were together when I got them and he was a bit shocked with the price.

FORD -- Php2,000 lahat?! Ang mahal naman! Tapos isang beses lang natin gagamitin?
CES -- Haler, ang ganda naman! Ang mahal kaya nyan sa Canada! Saka hindi naman natin once lang gagamitin. Magmimix-and-match tayo in the coming years syempre. It's just that isang set pa lang ang tree decors natin kaya we need to buy more pa.


At syempre walang nagawa ang Coblancs.

I know that changing our tree's decor every year is not practical but I don't want to see same tree in all our Christmas photos noh. Syempre dapat iba-iba. Also, Christmas tree na nga lang ang bumubuhay sa pasko namin dito sa abroad kaya dapat naman gawing special kahit papano. 

Oops, I wasn't able to find a tree topper so I used the Santa hat that I also brought from the Philippines. The red and yellow green balls are from SM, WalMart, and Dollarama.


I was looking for a perfect tree ornament for Nathan and I found it the last minute. A Precious Moment again.


This was the night-time look pala:


Ford wanted to buy blinking Christmas lights but I objected. Ang mahal kasi nun, sabi ko di pa nasusulit yung binili namin last year.

FORD -- Bakit pag ako ang bibili eh kontra ka?
CES -- Live with it.


Hahaha! To be honest, I am not fond of patay-sinding ilaw. Nahihilo kasi ako.

When Nathan and I were still in the Philippines, I asked Ford to buy a smaller tree that we can just put on a side table. Gagalawin lang daw kasi ng bata ang puno, baka makuryente pa. But I changed my mind, ang mahal kasi ng bagong tree. Plus gusto ko talaga ng malaking puno. Bahala na kako si Batman.


Thankfully, Nathan has been very good to the tree. Hindi nila ginugulo. At times when he was tempted to hold the tree, he would look at me as if he was asking for permission. And when I say, "No," he will turn away. Sobrang good boy talaga!


We put up our tree very late (by Filipino standard). December 5 na nang matayo and it took a couple of days more para ma-decorate. November 25 lang kasi kami dumating at talagang nag-adjust pa kami. I hope maagahan namin next year para we get to enjoy our Christmas tree longer. Mas may appreciation na siguro si Nathan by that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment