Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#LatePost: Ford's 38th Birthday (2016)

It's my husband's birthday today. Oh how time flies, he's now 39. One more year and his life will start na lol (40 wooohooo!). I met him when he was 22, grabe 17 years na palang part ng buhay namin ang isa't isa.

Anyway, today's a Wednesday so the birthday boy is out working. Magbu-buffet dinner na lang kami mamaya pagdating niya (cheat day again!).  So while waiting for him, please allow me to post muna the simple celebration that we had last year for him. Haha, ang dami kong gustong ipost na happenings in the past. Unti-unti.

--------------------------------------

September 6, 2016. My closest friends in Edmonton had been bugging me na "magpakain" sa bahay since we were about to leave Edmonton already. May buyer na ang townhouse namin that time and we we were to turn it over to the new owner by the end of September. So sabi ko sige, I will host a simple kainan on my hubby's birthday before I pack the house (which was a really sad thought huhu).

Looking back, I am glad Pod was able to celebrate a birthday in our first home. Pero sayang kasi hindi ko na na-decorate. We were so busy na kasi that time.

I looked so ngarag haha! At kelangan na ng rebond. :)

I only had three girl friends coming (one was in Pinas that time) plus their kids so I just bought a small chocolate cake from Julie's Bakeshop. Dati kasi malaki ang binili ko (for Nathan 7th month birthday) kaso hindi naubos.

Buying a small cake was a good decision. Kasi hindi na masarap! Tsk, paborito namin dati ang cake ng Julie's (moist and Pinoy-tasting) kaso hindi nila na-sustain ang quality. Buti na lang I was able to make it "cute," maganda sa picture.


For the handa, we just prepared beef ribs sinigang (na sobrang nagustuhan nila), daing na bangus, halabos na hipon, and grilled liempo, talong, and mais.


Joy brought cassava cake (Pod's favorite!) and Ate Celina baked these goodies naman:


Kamayan on the house! Haha, puro babae ang guest namin (pwera sa two boys ni Mylene). Too bad walang kainuman si Ford, nasa Fort Mc kasi ang mga boys (may work sila).

Inser Ate Celina
 Oh how I miss my friends! Sayang wala si Cecilia.


It was a very simple and matipid na celebration pero I remember all of us being so full. Kapag nasa abroad ka, ganitong mga pagkain ang palaging gusto mong kainin talaga eh.


I knew Pod had one wish that night, and I am glad it was given to him just a couple of weeks later. We are so grateful!



Ford and I's birthday wish this year is to have a house again and hopefully celebrate our next birthdays at home. And we are wishing for more new friends, too!

----------------------------

August 31, 2016. Oops, because Bal (Pod's #1 kainuman in Edmonton) was about to go back na to the camp at hindi aabot ng September 6, we held a small kainan-inuman din nga pala noon. Hay, nakakamiss talaga ang mga ganitong get-together!



No comments:

Post a Comment