Thursday, December 14, 2017

Two Balikbayan Boxes: Check!

It's still a month before we go home to Pinas but we're already done (as of December 10) with the two balikbayan boxes that we'll be bringing there.

Since there's two of us who are flying (Nathan and me), we are allowed a total of 4 baggages of 23kgs each. I always use balikbayan boxes, kahit jologs haha, because they are lightweight and could contain big items that would not fit in a trolley luggage. The disadvantage though is that when you've already closed it, hassle ng buksan uli.

I actually promised myself that I won't be bringing any pasalubong this time pero hindi rin talaga maiwasan. Syempre masarap magbigay. Hindi lang ako makapag-all out because I am not working and solely dependent on my husband financially. Buti na lang he's a good man, wala namang reklamo haha.

We brought the boxes in the storage muna because our place is small and cramped already.

Actually, nanay ko lang naman ang immediate family ko na dapat pasalubungan. But she always tells me na wag ng bumili ng kahit ano. She's the most unmaterialistic person I know at talagang wala lang sa kanya yang mga yan. Enough na na umuwi kami (naks!). Kaya isang grilling pan at decaffeinated coffee lang ang uwi ko sa kanya haha. The rest of the boxes' contents are just small items for my tita, our kasambahay, our secretary, my cousins, my barkada (for exchange gift), and some kids (nephew, godchildren, children of employees, etc). Puro mga sale lang yan at good deals. Nothing big, really.

I also included sa box nga pala yung mga gifts na binigay samin na hindi naman namin magagamit. Bahala na kung kanino ibibigay.

I also anticipated yung mga children's parties na aattendan namin in 3 months that we'll be there so I also bought toys which were on sale. Grabe ang mahal ng branded toys sa Pinas eh, dito mura lang talaga kapag naka-sale.


Ayan, nakaka-excite na talaga! The two trolley luggages that we'll also be bringing will contain most of our personal stuff na lang like clothes, toiletries, shoes, and bags. I am glad tapos ng iempake ang 1/2 ng bagahe namin para less hassle this holiday. Ayaw kong mag-cram. I want to enjoy the remaining days that we'll be spending with Daddy Ford before Nathan and I go on a long vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment