Monday, March 30, 2015

Bag downgrade

I saw a yellow bag at Guess (WEM) and I instantly liked it. Perfect for spring, I said to myself. I was hesitant but the husband insisted that we buy it. It's only $115 (plus 5% tax), after all.


Haha, I never thought that it will happen again. That I will think so hard before buying a bag that's not even that expensive. I started buying designer purses a couple of years ago and akala ako tuloy tuloy na.

But then you see, motherhood happened.

Let me say that I am not the type who will let go of my personal luho just because I am a mother now. To be clear, I am not buying Louis Vuitton bags FOR NOW because I am jobless (because I have to take care of my son) and we solely rely on my husband's income.

When I was still pregnant, a friend told me that I will change after I give birth. That I will lose interest in shopping blah blah. Four and a half months after Chicklet's birth, I can affirm that I am still the same. I still salivate over expensive bags and hoping that someday, I can afford them again.

As I am not working right now, many will ask why I need a new bag while I still have tons inside my closet. My answer: "Bags are my thing. Just give it to me." I don't splurge on cosmetics or clothes or parlor services, I really am just a bag person. I will hoard as much bags as I can. I don't want to bury my real self just because I became a mother. That's not healthy.

I am just financially limited at this point so I have to downgrade my bag choices. Ok lang, I realized that I was still happy and excited when the cashier handed to me my Guess purchase. Same euphoric feeling kapag may bago akong mamahaling bag noon. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment