Wednesday, March 25, 2015

It's Pop!

In the Philippines, it's soft drinks.

In the US, it's soda.

Here in Canada, it's pop!


Haha, I've been living here in Canada for almost 17 months already yet I am still not used in referring to Coke or Pepsi as "pop." Is it because I associate the word pop with a brand of cola (i.e. Pop Cola) in the Philippines? Kaloka!

Both Ford and I use the term "soda." Americanized ha. Ford kasi lived in California for almost 8 years. Ako naman, nahawa na rin sa kakapanood ng US films and series. But I guess it's about time that we adopt the term "pop" na. I am tired of living in Canada yet 'not really' living in it. Gusto ko ng maka-adjust fully sa buhay dito. Ayaw ko ng maging parang isang isda sa disyerto.

So sige sige, from now on, it's pop na talaga!

------------------------
NOTE: Ford and I are both pop-addict!


No comments:

Post a Comment