Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's almost Christmas...

... pero hindi ko pa rin ma-feel dito sa Edmonton.

Pic courtesy of Bitstrips

This will be the first Christmas I'll be celebrating away from "home" and I am feeling a little low. I guess I should avoid looking at Facebook's News Feed at this time. All I see are photos of Christmas partying, mindless shopping, gift wrapping, and food indulging in the Philippines. Those merry making activities make me miss Pinas (and my family and friends) all the more. I am envious. I am jealous.

I guess my 'depression' is a bit justified because at this point, my life here in Alberta can be objectively described as 'boring' (not complaining, just saying). I have no family (except for hubby), no friends, no job, no money (of my own). Heck, I don't even have a Christmas tree to celebrate the holidays with! I have tons of new clothes but I have nowhere to wear them. This season sucks!

I can't wait till the holidays are over. Haha, I've officially become the Grinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment