Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's Christmas in Pinas!

The Philippines is 15 hours ahead than Edmonton so they are already celebrating Christmas now. I can't help but feel sentimental. This is my first Christmas away from 'home.'

For the past so many years, my mother and I, together with Tita Oya and other relatives, would attend the December 24 10pm mass in Lolomboy (my Nanay's home barangay where I grew up). Then after, we'll head straight to SanDoc's house for a simple noche buena.

I am lucky because in this day and age, we have all these technology in the world to connect with our loved ones who are so far away. Nakakatuwa kasi kahit ang misa, mapapanood na live online!


The Roman Catholicism is really shaping up!

Ang saya ko kasi hindi ko pa rin totally na-miss out ang mass na dinadaluhan ko taon-taon.


I wasn't able to finish nga lang because I had an abdominal ultrasound appointment at 8:30am (Edmonton time). Pero hanggang sa sasakyan, I was watching.


And after my appointment, when I turned on my Iphone, this was what I saw. I knew that my cousin Cricket posted this for me. I used to be their photographer.



On our way home, I contacted SanDoc via Facetime and I was able to see my family at home, feasting! Really, I've never been this grateful with technology!

I spent the last two hours scanning my FB, making usi on how my friends and relatives spent their noche buena. It was fun, feeling ko kasama ko na rin sila. Postmodern na talaga ang celebration ng Pasko ngayon.

To everyone in the Philippines, especially to my family and friends, Merry Christmas from us here in Edmonton!

Picture courtesy of Bitstrips


No comments:

Post a Comment