Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Cards 2014

I am so fond of all those personalized greeting cards. Mahilig talaga sako sa anything personalized eh. That is why when I finally had a child, ang sabi ko sa sarili ko: "Yehey, makakapagpa-print nako ng Christmas cards!" Uso kasi yun dito sa North America.

But since I just gave birth last November 13, I ran out of time for it. In the first place, Nathan was too young for a studio photo shoot. We had to send the cards on the last week of November kasi para umabot sa Pilipinas. Winter na rin kaya mahirap siyang ilabas. Also, I had a c-section so imposible rin talaga na makalabas ako agad. So I decided na ako na lang ang kukuha ng picture then I'll have it printed.

Nathan was only 12 days old when we took this picture on November 25, 2014. He was not in the mood obviously. We had him wear the Christmas onesie that was given by Ate Celina. We were surprised kasi halos maliit na sa kanya. Newborn ang size kasi.

At 12 days, the little boy still wasn't smiling much. After hundreds of shots, I gave up (and I was still in so much pain that time). I just settled for this one.


I asked Pod to have it printed at Costco. Twenty-five copies at $0.29 each.

I was just disappointed because the red border was cut in printing.


I bought a pack of cards at Walmart. It's so cheap, 40 pieces for only $6! It's not that 'grand,' but nice enough (with matching glitters!). It's also light weight so minimal lang ang postage fee.


I taped the picture inside the card. Thankfully, sakto ang size.


Writing on the cards was a struggle. I couldn't sit straight yet then. But I had to do what I had to do. I wrote very short and generic messages.


The fun part though was writing this...


Yehey, tatlo na kami!

By the way, I sent a different card for our parents - Mamoosh and Daddy Jaime/Mama Elsie. I bought these cards in 2013 pa at Dollarama haha!

We were able to mail the second batch of cards nga pala a week before Christmas. We sent a total of 23 cards, I think.


--------------------------------------------


I really enjoyed sending the cards. Especially when we started receiving sweet messages of thanks from the receivers.







But sadly, only 8 among the 23 acknowledged that they received their respective cards. Honestly, I am already discouraged in sending cards next year. Baka sa Facebook na lang ako babati hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment