Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Eve 2014

I will always remember Christmas 2014. Unang pasko ng aming little boy at unang pasko rin namin sa aming munting Casa Blanco. Some friends were inviting us to spend Christmas eve in their home but we declined. Ford and I both believe that 'noche buenas' must be spent at home. Kailangan din naming magsimula ng mga bagong holiday traditions para sa maliit naming pamilya.

As usual, may pasok si Ford kahit December 24 na. Hence, after office pa niya kami nag-start mag-prepare. I was still so "useless" then kasi talagang masakit pa ang opera ko. I wanted sana a Christmas eve that's full of "gimik" and trimmings but I had so many physical limitations (plus I have an uber demanding new baby) so next year na lang. We just had to make do with what we have, I told myself.

We dressed our 6-week old Nathan with this simple Santa outfit that I found at Walmart for $5. He looked so adorable on it, do you agree?


Medyo mainit nga lang. Poor Chicklet! But mommy just wanted a good souvenir picture for your first Christmas, anak.


Aside from eating, we actually had nothing else to do that night except to take a lot of pictures...



We only had a few gifts under our tree. Para lang sa mga anak ng mga naging kaibigan namin dito.



For our handa, we just had steak (our favorite!) and ready-to-cook lasagna and chicken wings. Plus side dishes -- mixed vegetables, corn, and french fries. Yan ang resulta kapag parehas kayong mag-asawa na hindi marunong magluto haha!

We welcomed Christmas while eating.


Nathan woke up in the middle of our meal so the poor daddy had to attend to him. Poor Pod!


More selfies after eating!


I actually felt so happy that night. I looked so pretty and blooming daw sabi ng Facebook and Instagram friends ko haha! Plus I was really thin!


After so many attempts of having a nice family photo, I settled for this na lang. Mahirap pa kasing picturan si Nathan. And it was difficult kung walang kumukuha ng picture sa inyo. Kung saan-saan lang namin pinapatong ang iPhone kaloka!


I love our Santa hats. I bought them last December 2013 pa sa Hudson's Bay (City Centre Mall).

Sorry na lang sa boys ko kasi wala silang gifts to open that night. Hindi pa namin binilhan ng gift si Nathan kasi hindi pa rin naman niya maaappreciate. Wala rin akong gift kay dear husband kasi wala naman akong sariling pera haha!

But look at what Ford gave me!


A shopping trolley! I never expected it, honestly! A few days before Christmas, he kept on telling me that he's got a BIG gift for me. Tinatamad na raw siyang balutin. I was so clueless kasi hindi naman daw gamit sa bahay. Ito pala yun haha!

The rationale for this gift is that kailangan ko daw ito para makapag-shopping ako on my own sa Boxing Day. I was telling him kasi na gustung-gusto kong magshopping pero ayaw ko silang kasama si Nathan (kawawa kasi ang baby saka loner-shopper talaga ako). Ang problema, I am not allowed to carry heavy things yet kasi nga na-CS ako. Haha, my husband really is a problem-solver! And the best part was, he gave me a go-signal to buy whatever I want! Yebaah!

I knew that I will have nothing to open on Christmas eve so talagang inilaan ko ang Christmas cards from my two friends Raxie and Mels. 


Ahhh, it was a simple yet fun night. What could be more lovelier than spending a special occasion with your family. Hmm, "family." I like the sound of that.

We all went to bed past 2:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment