Monday, January 6, 2014

Second Month

And I thought time slows down when you are doing nothing... who would have thought it's been two months since I landed here in Canada...

I was feeling extraordinarily low (again) the whole day. For the past 60 days, all I ever did was cook, eat, shop, sleep, watch Netflix, read, surf the net, chat/videocall. It's becoming tiring and frustrating. Inasmuch as I love to be with my husband all the time, I also want to become productive again. I wonder when will that be.

Anyway, since I was feeling sad tonight, Ford asked me out for a little ride. We passed by our townhouse to look for some latest developments. We are excited for Wednesday (January 8) because we are scheduled to inspect it (prior to turnover). For the first time, makakatapak na rin kami sa bahay namin.

We had dinner for the nth time at Wendy's. Really, it has become my "comfort" fast food restaurant here in Edmonton.


My reasons?

  • I love their meat-only burger Son of Baconator (I hate tomatoes, onions, cabbage, etc. on my burger).
  • I love the taste of their fries, frosty, and diet coke.
  • I believe their meals are cheaper than McDonald's, A&W, etc.
  • I grew up eating in Wendy's so it's "familiar.

Cheers to my second month here in Edmonton!

It's just sad that Wendy's is not accessible to "carless" people like me. There are no Wendy's in malls eh.

Anyway, I felt a little better after eating. I kinda burst my sentiments to Ford, too. I told him that at this point in my life, I feel like I am at the crossroads, very much unsure of what direction to take. Am I going to study? Work? Both work and study? But what if we get pregnant? Ahh, so many things are running in my head right now.

FOCUS. I guess ito talaga ang kailangan ko sa puntong ito ng buhay ko.

-------------
NOTE: Sabog-sabog din ang blog post na ito. Reflection ng magulong utak ko.

No comments:

Post a Comment