Saturday, January 18, 2014

T&T Gourmet

Dining out is very expensive here in Edmonton. Unlike in the Philippines where I eat out almost everyday, I cannot do that here. A normal foodcourt meal costs $10-13 and it's way too much for me. Yep, I still convert currency until now. I also am not yet working so I cannot afford to splurge. Nakakahiya naman sa asawa ko.

Eating at McDonald's or Wendy's is a bit cheaper but we Filipinos prefer to eat rice most of the time, right?

Now the cheapest rice meal that you can find here in Edmonton is in two giant Asian supermarkets - Lucky Supermarket and T&T Supermarket. Let's focus on T&T Gourmet on this post. 

There are two T&T Supermarkets in Edmonton, one in the North side and the other in West Edmonton Mall. Both serve Asian hot meals for their customers.

T&T Supermarket - West Edmonton Mall

Though they serve Chinese dishes, ok na rin. May Chinese influence naman ang Filipino cuisine. Plus we are all familiar naman with Chinese food.


They do ala-carinderia style. Choose your own combo, turo-turo lang (hirap ngang umintindi ng ingles ang mga tsekwa).

Their combo meals are reasonably priced. For $5.99 (+5% tax), you can already have rice, soup, and a viand of your choice. Add a dollar more and you'll get two viands. Sulit na.


And they give generous serving. Mabubusog ka talaga.

Empress Meal Combo
I love their food, especially their barbeque. I am not Chinese so I don't have high standards in Chinese food. Basta super satisfied ako kapag kumakain ako dito.

Bar-b-q Meal Combo

My only suggestion is that don't buy your drinks there because the total cost of your meal will rise up of course. What my husband and I do is take the meal out, buy soda in Dollarama (a bottle only costs $1), and eat in the foodcourt area (you cannot bring your own drinks in T&T's dining area). I am telling you, we are able to save a by lot doing this.



No comments:

Post a Comment