Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Embracing the cold

I've been warned a million times by so many people that I should be "careful" when I get to Canada/ Alberta/ Edmonton because it is so cold in here. Others would even attempt to "scare" and "discourage" me into migrating, insisting that the winter weather is too harsh for a person like me who grew up in a tropical country.

November 17, 2013

To those who are wondering on how am I coping, I AM OK. I am very very much ok.

In fact, I am loving the weather. I AM EMBRACING THE COLD.


Winter isn't at all scary (though I have yet to experience the month of January). With proper gears and outfit, one's good to go.


I honestly loathe the Philippines' hot and humid weather. Extreme heat made me sick. Our monthly electricity bill soared up so high the past years because of my excessive use of air conditioner (and electricity in the Philippines costs more than here in Canada). I couldn't go out in the middle of the day for fear of sun burn and heat stroke.

Hence, being here in Edmonton is truly a blessing! And snow is beautiful!

If at times winter gets into me, I will always remember that this is what I've always wanted - to live in a cold, cold place. I shall always treat the cold as my ally, never a foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment