Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday night special!

Ford and I have been married since January 2012 but this is the first time that we are actually living together. Hence, it is only now that we are developing new marital and household 'traditions' of our own.

Today is my second Friday here in Edmonton. And since Friday nights are important in saving any worker's sanity (I am not yet working here though), Ford and I have agreed that we should celebrate the succeeding Friday nights of our life with  each other's company and good food at home. Yep, at home instead of the usual going out. We are in our mid-30s and our idea of fun is no longer staying out till wee hours of the morning. We also need to be practical (and save) because of the so many forthcoming expenses we'll be facing in the coming weeks. We've officially became boring, I know.

Anyway, on our first Friday night together (November 8) , we had pizza (bought at Sbarro), chicken wings (cooked by me) and beer (Diet Pepsi for the lady!). We termed it as "inuman night" lol! It was a success, we feasted and had so much fun!


And tonight, we had steak!

  
Ford and I are huge fans of steak so we thought of having it for dinner. Ford picked me up after his work and we went to Safeway to buy some delicious Canadian beef.

We each had a 0.44kg of steak (imagine that!) that made us so full! We spent around $28 (including the drinks) for this meal and it was so masarap and sulit! Had we gone out, we would have spent more than a hundred bucks if we ordered steak.

I now heart Friday nights! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment