Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Flu Shot

I am seeing a lot of FREE FLU SHOT ads everywhere, especially in pharmacies and supermarkets. This is what I like best in Canada - their health services.


I am contemplating though if I will get a flu shot. At 34, I am still scared of needles and injections. Unlike in the Philippines where my mother (or cousin Mylyn who is a doctor) would be with me in every medical procedure I take, I will have to do things on my own here. My husband, though supportive, can never understand my being a 'drama queen' in hospitals and clinics. No empathy nor sympathy whatsoever. Hay!

Anyway, I think I have a couple of days left to decide if I'll avail of my first ever health care privilege as a resident of Alberta. I am lucky because in this province, a newly landed immigrant like me is already eligible for coverage (you have to wait for three months in other provinces).

Courage, courage... where art thou?

No comments:

Post a Comment