Friday, July 21, 2017

Happy Meal: Despicable Me 3

Yey, mission accomplished! We've completed the 12 Despicable Me 3 happy meal toys that are available here in McDonald's Canada!

As you can see, my boy is so happy! =)

Yep, I used the work "accomplished" because getting all these 12 toys is not an easy feat. I know that many would try, but very few would succeed lol!

June 23, 2017
You see, unlike in McDonald stores in the Philippines where they usually carry all or most of the toys at the same time, paisa-isa lang na design ang available dito. You cannot buy two different toys sa isang bilihan. So imagine kung 12 toys ang kailangan mong kumpletuhin, challenge talaga.

The best way to get all the toys is to look for them in different stores. Kaso minsan kapag magkalapit ang stores, magkaparehas lang din ng available toy. On the first day of our minion-hunting, we had to go to Langley pa to get our second toy. Whew!

Minion toys are highly popular so we had to rush. Buti na lang supportive si hubby. Kung saan-saan kaming McDonald's ng Metro Vancouver kami napadpad. May times pa nga na lahat ng pinuntahan namin eh me kaparehas na.


I had to print this out pala pala alam ng asawa ko kung ano pa ang kulang. Minsan kay inuutusan ko rin siyang mag-take out.

completed in 20 days

There came a point na umay na umay na ako sa chicken nuggets. My son doesn't eat nuggets nor burgers kaya ako naman talaga ang tagakain.

I admit din that I almost gave up. Down to the last minion, I thought: "Ano bang probability na mahanap ko pa yun?" Medyo tinamad na talaga ako. But I guess the heavens are on me. After going to Aberdeen Mall in Richmond to have dinner last week, we had to look for a McDonald's after because Nathan was asking for fries and orange juice.

Again, before buying, I asked a crew kung ano ang available nilang toy. Para kasing wala na eh, puro books na lang ang natatanaw ko. The crew came back after a moment and apologetically said: "Sorry, this is the last minion that we have." 

OMG! I wanted to shout right there and then. Iyon na lang ang kulang namin! "I'm getting it! I'm getting it!", I heard myself saying. I really couldn't believe my luck.


So here are my, este my son's minions. So kawaii noh? Sa totoo lang di naman ako nanonood ng Despicable Me pero naku-cute-an lang ako talaga sa kanila haha.


By the way, I've always been a fan of happy meal toys. Nagko-collect na ako dati pa, natigil lang syempre kasi mas naging 'serious' ako with life haha. But now that I have a son na nakaka-appreciate na ng toys, there's no reason para di ako bumalik sa pagbili =)

Isa pa, I am a #boredhousewife, remember? Kaya pagpasensyahan na please.

No comments:

Post a Comment