Monday, July 31, 2017

O! Taho (Vancouver)

I was browsing through my IG feeds and saw a picture of taho. Hay, the things you take for granted at home (i.e. Philippines) suddenly become so important and special when you're away.

I got so takam (takaw-mata talaga ako) so I googled for a restaurant/store here in BC that sells taho. I know there's one in Henlong Market kaso parang Chinese-style naman yun. Nakabili na rin kami once sa Richmond Night Market kaso Chinese-taste din, gingered flavor yung syrup.

My search lead me to O! Taho in Vancouver. It has good reviews from Yelp, lasang Pinoy taho raw talaga. So we drove there after eating lunch at Richmond Public Market (on July 22), panghimagas daw sabi ni Ford.

O! Taho just a small store facing Fraser Street. You would need to park sa may residential area sa likod.


It's a store dedicated for taho (obvious naman sa name) but they also sell other Filipino foods like longganisa, hotdogs, and more frozen foods. May goto rin ang other desserts - leche flan, halo-halo, mais con yelo, sago't gulaman, etc.


Here's their pricing:


We only ordered one serving of taho ($5) because we were still full from lunch. Also, gusto rin naming tikman muna. Mas mahal pa ang taho dito kesa Starbucks ha.

Be sure to bring cash!

It was a mistake because kasi nabitin kami haha. Masarap nga, Pinoy-tasting talaga. Well, except for the pearls na parang pang-bubble tea. But it doesn't matter, ang importante ay yung soy pudding and syrup.


My hubby has devoured the taho in less than 3 minutes. Too bad we couldn't order again because we would have to wait for another 15 minutes for a cup. Fresh daw kasi ang taho nila, they make it fresh each time you order. (I hope though na meron silang ready-made na for small walk-in orders).


After eating the taho, we walked a bit because Ford saw a Filipino restaurant just a few steps away. Aling Ening Restaurant pala yun, turo-turo/carinderia style. We mentally noted to try eating there soon.

But since I was still natatakam for taho, we went back to O! Taho to buy more for take out. I ordered the 1L ($8) and waited. Many people came by to pick up their orders.

After 15 minutes, akala ko ready na ang order ko. The staff informed me that I would have to wait for around 20 more minutes kasi maraming phone orders. Shaiks, why didn't she tell me that when I ordered? I asked her if I could cancel my order because my toddler was getting uneasy na. She said ok kasi di pa naman daw nasasalang.

She handed me this calling card and advised me to call first before coming to avoid waiting. Oh well!


Fine, sige tatawag na lang nga ako next time. We will order the 2L na para sulit ang punta. Medyo malayo rin kasi sa amin ang O! Taho. Hindi rin naman pwedeng 4L ang orderin namin kasi good for 2-3 days lang daw ang taho. Nga pala, I noticed na hindi ganun karami ang syrup at tapioca pearls na kasama sa big orders pero pwedeng namang bumili ng additional.

I also want to try their goto and leche flan next time. Hope we could go back there again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment