Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Another meet-up in Edmonton

September 30, 2014 (Tuesday). Marlon, a kababata, school batchmate, and neighbor in Lolomboy (my mother's home barangay where I grew up), and his family came for some holiday here in Edmonton. They live North Battleford, Saskatchewan. He messaged me on Facebook and asked if they could drop by our house. I suggested that we meet in West Edmonton Mall instead because I don't know how to cook so I have nothing to serve them haha!

I met them the following day after my check-up. It was my first time to get acquainted with his wife and kids who immigrated here in Canada in 2012.

Picture courtesy of Marlon
It's really nice seeing a familiar person from your home country. Marlon and I were not that close in Pinas. But that's the thing with living abroad, kayo-kayo lang kaya dapat maging close haha! Kapag nandito ka pala talaga, hahanap at hahanap ka ng kakilala.

Too bad I wasn't able to invite them in our house. Aside from the fact that I don't cook, I also do not have the energy to entertain eh. Our house at the moment is not at its best form since I am too tired (and lazy) to tidy it up. I hope I could make it up to them some day.

Oops by the way, I really like Marlon's family. His wife and kids (and even his mother-in-law) were all nice. Sana taga-Edmonton na lang din sila.

No comments:

Post a Comment