Monday, October 13, 2014

Thursday dinner at Buffet Royale Carvery

October 9, 2014. The Husband was supposed to pick me up at around 5pm (after his work) so we could go to T&T Supermarket but ended up coming home a few minutes before 7pm as he still had to finish some paper works. He was starving and we had nowhere to eat (T&T Gourmet closes at 7pm).

We first thought of eating at a Filipino restaurant but decided against it. Dining there would cost us $30-40+ and we don't think we'll be fully satisfied. Then Pod suggested Buffet Royale Carvery (West) instead because at least there will be many choices.

I was actually hesitant because I am watching my diet but I knew that he is very hungry so I gave in. I won't eat carbs na lang, I told myself.


I wanted to back out the moment I saw the dinner buffet rate haha! Just when we agreed to save because we've already spent so much the past weeks. And it was an ordinary day, for heaven's sake!


very few diners

But Ford pointed my eyes on the buffet spread. I could see that he was already salivating so sige na nga.



Yep, here in Edmonton, malaking buffet spread na ito. I bet Edmontonians will be shocked kung masusubukan nila ang Spiral Buffet (Hotel Sofitel) ng Pinas o kahit Vikings man lang sa SM MOA.


"Best Buffet Restaurant" na raw for so many years ang Buffet Royale Carvery. In fairness, pwede na rin. More choices than other buffet restos. It's a combination of Western, Chinese and Ukranian food.


They actually have an extensive salad bar if you are a salad-lover. In our case, dedma. I don't eat salad. The Husband does but given the choice, he wouldn't. He's a carnivore, too.



They have a carving station for roast beef. May pizza and sausage din.




This is the only bread they had.


Pero meron silang nachos.


And hotdogs.


As compared to other buffet restaurants we've tried, Buffet Royale Carvery has the "best" dessert section so far.



Kasi may ice cream. Tsk, had I not been pregnant with gestational diabetes, susulitin ko talaga ito. I wasn't able to resist vanilla, tinikman ko talaga.


Here were some of my plates. We were particularly happy with the barbeque ribs and mussels.




Pod loves chocolate fountains!


We ate for around one hour then went home. Haha, I told Ford that the next time we eat buffet, we have to make it sulit. I am used to dining and talking in Philippine buffets eh, kaya madami akong nakakain. We paid $54+ tapos sandali lang kami, sayang talaga.

Overall, I like Buffet Royale Carvery and I am looking forward to eating there again soon (that is, when I am no longer pregnant and can already indulge on gluttony). Hopefully we could try their weekend brunch as well.

1 comment: