Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The puto that made me happy =)

I am so happy! I finally made my first ever puto -- thanks to White King Puto Mix!

I actually bought this pack almost a month ago but it was only last night that I was able try it. I've been craving for puto for so many weeks now and I am glad I was able to satiate this yearning.


It took so long though because I had no puto molders. I searched online and the best substitute for those classic aluminum molders are the silicone ones. Silicone molds are expensive pala. I was able to buy two packs (12 molds/pack) at Winners for $5.99 (+5%) each. Bite-size lang.



Each box of White King Puto Mix contains two 200g packs. I only tried one pack first because I only have 24 small molders.

Basically, I just followed this direction. Very simple!


A puto won't be complete without cheese on top, ayt? I chose Eden Cheese instead of other "foreign" brands. Haha, I always play safe. I only want what's familiar.

Pardon the mess. It was my first time haha!

And since we don't have a steamer yet, I just used our rice cooker in steaming. I thought it would take about 15-20 minutes to steam but to my surprise, my mini puto were cooked in less than eight minutes! Siguro kasi maliliit lang sila.

Because my rice cooker-steamer is small, I made two batches.

First Batch. I put the cheese when the puto was almost cooked.


Second Batch. I included the cheese on the mix. This came out better. Next time I'll try grated cheese and quick-melt cheese naman.


POD -- Ba't hindi nag-melt ang cheese?
BIM -- Eh haler, hindi naman kasi quick-melt yan. Eden Cheese yan.

My husband is not familiar with Eden Cheese. For him, pare-parehas lang na keso yan.

The Result: 27 pieces of mini puto!

I wasn't able to eat much because I am watching my carbs-intake. After I give birth, talagang magpapakasawa ako. :)

I really find the puto delicious. Gusto ko talaga ang lasa. Even my husband liked it (although ang sabi nya lang ay "pwede na"). No need to put grated coconut (I always eat puto with niyog in Pinas), enough na talaga ang cheese.

Again, I was so thrilled because I can already make puto for merienda anytime. For a person like me who doesn't really know how to cook, an additional easy-to-do recipe is always a delight. At least may bago akong alam na "lutuin." And it's cheap. A box of White King Puto only costs $2.50 or around Php100.00.

Now my resolution is to buy a proper steamer and bigger molders. Silicone molds are okay, I realized. Madaling tanggalin ang puto at madaling linisin. Mahirap nga lang ilagay sa hot steamer kasi you need to use your hands (not tongs) kasi malambot pa bago iluto.


No comments:

Post a Comment