Monday, October 27, 2014

Reunited with my former co-workers =)

I was happy to be reunited with my former co-workers. I actually had a very short work stint here in Edmonton. I started working on February 1, 2014 and ended up resigning six weeks later, March 17, 2014, because I found out that I am pregnant. I was in pain during that time (I also had UTI then) so the moment I confirmed from the lab that I was indeed expecting, I talked to my boss and explained to her my situation. She was very understanding. She needed me the most that time (there was a management transition going on) yet she gave me the most comforting hug. She even promised me that I can come back to work there again anytime.

In my six weeks of working there, I have of course made friends with my other Filipina co-workers. Yep, syempre kami-kaming mga Pinoy ang nagfa-flock together. Hindi naman sinasadya, kachika rin naman namin yung ibang mga lahi, kaya lang talagang iba ang work ethics ng Pinoy. Mas masipag, mas magaling (naks!) kaya madalas naiinis kami sa iba haha (kailangan ko talagang Tagalugin ito kasi baka may makabasa).

I wasn't able to properly say goodbye to my 'new friends' because of my urgent resignation so I kinda lost contact with them until recently, when Cristina found me on Facebook (we have common friends). I was thrilled! Through Cristina's account I was able to find the others as well. And when I saw pictures of their bonding activities together, I commented: "Isama nyo naman ako next time."

And it was fast. Before Thanksgiving, Bonivie messaged me and invited me to go watch the Sea Lion Show at West Edmonton Mall (WEM) with them and their kids on October 18, 2014. I agreed right away, despite the fact that I'd already be 36 weeks pregnant by then hehe.

It was a Saturday and I asked my husband to just drop me off at WEM. For the first time, nagka-gimik uli ako nang hindi kasama ang asawa ko yebaah! I felt like I need some "me time" naman syempre.

Baby Chicklet at 36 weeks and 2 days
WEM is "MY" mall (because we live less than 10 minutes away) so I always see the Sea Lion Show every time I am there. But it was my first time to see the show up close.



Thanks to Bonivie's free admission pass! Even Cristina has free ticket haha! I think they got it from some of their friends who are working at the mall. One of the perks of working there are free admission tickets to the mall's attractions.


Akala ko Sea Lion Show lang ang meron doon. Sa ibaba pala, may mga aquarium din.


Their main attractions are sharks.



Emma, Me, Cristina, and Bonievie (my first picture with them)

Photo courtesy of Bonivie
The three girls -- Athena (Emma's), Mika (Cristina's) and Hailey (Bonivie's). Haha, next time kasama ko na si Chicklet. Kaso siya lang pala ang boy!


Feeding of sharks



After, we proceeded to watching the Sea Lion Show na. The show was at 4pm so we waited in line for a few minutes.

Photo courtesy of Bonivie
OMG! I looked so huge!

Photo courtesy of Bonivie
I am glad I brought my monopod (which was sent to me by my cousin Mylyn last June). Haha, Pinoy lang ang may monopod dito kaya sikat kami sa mga puti!

Waiting for the show to start
I was no longer excited to see the penguin and the sea lions. I must have seen them hundred times from afar. It's the company of my friends and their kids that I really enjoyed.



The show is really just for kids. I've seen better shows in HongKong and Singapore so I wasn't impressed anymore. But someday, I will of course bring Chicklet here.


The three girls had their picture taken with the sea lions. So cute. Mahal lang ang print-out haha! But of course the three mommas were very much willing to indulge.


After the show, we ate at a Vietnamese restaurant near T&T.

Photo courtesy of Bonivie
We had Vietnamese chicken noodle soup...


And rice plates...


Another groufie before ending the night...


I spent just a total of five hours with them and I had so much fun. I invited them to come over to our house after I give birth and recovered and they agreed. I hope this was just the first of our many bonding activities together.


No comments:

Post a Comment