Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Be careful with what you wish for

"Be careful with what you wish for.." --- These were my husband's words to me after we left my OB-GYN's clinic yesterday morning.

Why, my doctor instructed me to have a BPP ultrasound every week until I deliver!


I knew I've been ranting so much about how badly I want to have an ultrasound again to check on my Baby Chicklet. The last time I had an ultrasound was when I was only on my 18th week (June 12) and with all the recent happenings in my body (colds, throat mucus, gestational diabetes, gas pains, etc), I want to make sure that he is fine.

But a weekly ultrasound starting this Friday (my 30th week)? I find it too excessive, honestly.

The reason for this is my so-called Gestational Diatebes (GD). They want to monitor my baby all the time - which is very good. My concern though is that my OB is not even aware of the 'results' of my appointment with the diabetes doctor. Due to my diet, my numbers have gone down. Plus I would like to believe that I am not really that diabetic anyway. My tummy is not that big and my ankles are not swollen.

My husband told me: "Ayaw mo yun, madalas mong makikita si Chicklet? Libre naman hehe!"

Of course I want to see my baby as often as I could. I am just afraid that a weekly ultrasound in way will be 'harmful.' I haven't heard anyone who's done this.

I am also a bit concerned about my weekly appointments. My schedules were set every mid-mornings of Fridays (around 9-10) and Ford will no longer be able to join me because he has work. He will just drop me off before 8am and will pick me up at West Edmonton Mall during lunch time to take me home. The weather is getting colder as days pass and my tummy is getting heavier. I just wish I won't have a problem being on my own.

Hay, Baby Chicklet! Be good inside Mommy's tummy, please! I want us to have good results this Friday so that Daddy will be happy on his birthday this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment