Monday, September 1, 2014

Desperately needing workers

Many people are asking me: "Marami ba talagang trabaho sa Edmonton?"

I guess that instead of a simple "yes," I should show them this...


I myself was surprised when my husband told me that there's a job ad near his workplace that advertises this!


This is how desperate employers are in finding workers here in Edmonton/Alberta. With the recent changes in the Temporary Workers (TFW) Program, I bet it will be harder in the coming months.

This is actually the best time to look for work. In almost every big establishment I see, there's a "We're Hiring" sign - which is good only for citizens and permanent residents, take note. For those who are hoping to find work here on a tourist visa, think a million times. Do your research, ask people who will be truthful and will tell you the real situation here. It is no longer easy to get a job here if you are merely a visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment