Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lola Emma's Filipino Cuisine (Edmonton)

I've been reading some good reviews about Lola Emma's Filipino Cuisine online so the husband and I went there one Sunday (August 24, 2014) to eat.

I like Lola Emma's signage. Nice and neat.


You see, buildings and establishments here in Edmonton look the same. Usually plain and rectangular lang. Very simple and not visually appealing.

So sa interior na lang magkakatalo.

At doon panalo ang Lola Emma's. They really made an effort to decorate the place. Ginawang Pinoy na Pinoy ang ambiance.

At the entrance, they have this bulletin board where shows, concerts, and other 'Pinoy announcements' are posted.



Their reception area is very native Pinoy. I love their chairs and their framed photographs showing bits and pieces of Filipino culture.



Only two tables were occupied when we arrived. I have yet to see a Filipino restaurant here in Edmonton na jampacked (except for Max's ha). It was a Sunday noon so I was actually expecting more people. I want to be with people eh, para kunwari nasa Pilipinas din kami at maraming kasabay na kumakain.


I like their tables, the ones in the middle. Kinda reminds me of Mang Inasal haha!

Lola Emma's has a small stage. May show siguro dito kapag weekends.




They sell Filipino breads din pala (which they outsource from a Filipino bakery).


There was only one server that time and she gave us this menu. Overwhelming sa choices.




I find their food a bit pricey though.










Here's the prices naman for bulk orders...


I noticed that they have a small function room for private parties. Medyo plain nga lang, parang hindi photogenic. Mas maganda sa labas.



Anyway, I was craving for pancit palabok for days so that is what we've ordered. I was a bit disappointed nga lang kasi yung noodles niya ay hindi pang-palabok. But the serving was big though.


We also tried their sisig (because it's our favorite). Honestly, hindi namin nagustuhan ang lasa. Tapos masyado pang maanghang.


We paid around $36 (just the two dishes plus 2 cups of plain rice) and we felt that it was not sulit.

However, I cannot comment about Lola Emma's overall food quality because we've only tried two dishes. Perhaps we'll be back again to give them a chance at redemption.

-----------------------------------------------------------



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. I appreciate it. You can visit one the most reliable Subway restaurant Edmonton. Here you will get all the tasty and fresh pizzas, chicken and burgers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete