Monday, September 8, 2014

Confessions of a non-glamorous pregnant woman

I made this my profile picture in Facebook yesterday and I received a lot of compliments from family and friends. I am a pretty buntis daw, blooming, fresh, etc. etc.


Top: Forever21
Cardigan: Forever21
Leggings: Uniqlo
Sandals: Grendha
Bag: Longchamp
Watch: Fossil
Bracelets: Old Navy

But you see, I have a confession to make (thank goodness none of my FB contacts reads this blog!). I don't usually look this "nice" nowadays.

The truth of the matter is:

  • I am so tamad "pumorma" because of this pregnancy. Heck, I am even so lazy to take a bath (but I still do once a day haha! sorry too much info!)!
  • I don't buy maternity clothes because I am just at home 95% of the time. I make do with what I already have in my closet. 
  • At home, I look like a witch in pajamas and hubby's t-shirts. I seldom comb my hair.
  • When there is no "audience," I would just go out in jogging pants and again, in hubby's t-shirts.
  • I don't even care for my skin nowadays - no lotion, no other regimen. I am thankful though that I don't have that much pimple breakouts.

In the picture above, I just exerted extra efforts in my looks because there's an occasion and I want to have a good picture of my pregnant self for Baby Chicklet to see someday. But yeah, I have to admit that dressing up made me feel good. I've been confined in the house for the past six months and it kinda lowered my self-esteem. I felt envious of those people in the mall who look very cool in their summer outfits.

I will be a mom in a few weeks and I don't know what will my body be like after giving birth. I also am not sure if I'll still have the energy to dress up. But I'll try. I don't want to lose myself in this transition to motherhood. I want to look and feel good for my husband and son. Goodluck to me!


--------------------------------
NOTE: I am planning to do an OOTD segment here in my blog to force myself into dressing up haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment