Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Loots from Michaels

If there's one store that I miss the most in the Philippines, that would be NATIONAL BOOKSTORE. I am a self-confessed stationery addict and I would go to National almost every day (no kidding) just to buy pens and other supplies.

Here in Edmonton, I feel so deprived. They do not have National Bookstore-like store here. Nope, Staples won't suffice. National is different. There you can buy ballpens piece by piece, here in packs. Plus there's so much variety of anik-anik, so many items to choose from -- at affordable prices!

Stationery here costs a lot, I noticed. That I why I told myself that when I go home in Pinas I would hoard as much stationery as I can. I will really splurge!

So for the mean time, I would have to make do with my "cheap" finds here. You can get the cheapest office/school supplies at the following: Dollarama, Dollar Tree, Target (look for the Dollar bins), Walmart...

and occasionally, Michaels...


Michaels is an arts and crafts store that sells anything and everything for one's creative needs. I actually love their merchandise, except that I find them so pricey! I still convert dollars to pesos that's why.

I can only actually afford Michaels if they are on sale. My tip is never to buy their items for a full price. You may subscribe to their newsletter and they send out coupons all the time. You may also check out their clearance bins for items that are up to 90% off.

These were my purchases last Saturday. I was happy kasi parang sa dollar store lang ako namili. At $9.45 or approximately Php380.00, still not cheap though. Pero pwede na.


Someday, if I win the lottery, I will put up a stationery shop here in Edmonton that will sell items na tingi-tingi, katulad ng concept ng National Bookstore. I will import so many Asian stationery which I am sure Canadians will like. Feeling ko deprived din sila eh, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment