Sunday, September 7, 2014

Share a Coke in Canada

We were at Cross Iron Mills Mall (in Calgary) yesterday and I was surprised to see this queue...



My husband, who's quite oblivious to pop culture, cluelessly asked me:

POD -- Ano naman yang pila na yan?

BIM -- Eh for sure yan yung magpapa-personalize ka ng name sa bottle ng coke. Uso rin pala dito yan. At may pumipila in fairness ha! Sa Pinas ko lang kasi nakikita yan, sa Facebook.

POD -- Libre lang?

BIM -- Hindi noh. Bibili ka ng coke, may required amount of purchase, tapos pwede ka ng magpa-personalize.

After shopping at Babies "R" Us, Pod left me inside the mall so he could put our loots in the car. He found me sitting on a bench near the entrance where the Coke van was located.

POD -- Sabi ko na nga ba eh!

BIM -- Anong sabi mo na nga ba??? 

POD -- Pumunta ka doon sa coke eh! 

BIM -- Ha? Hindi noh! Dito lang ako nakaupo the whole time haler! Mapanghusga! (I was not even aware that I was just a few walks away from the Coke van. Sayang di ako nakausyoso!).

Coke really is successful in their "Share A Coke" marketing ploy. Too bad the timing of this promotion is not okay for the preggy me. Almost six months na akong di umiinom ng Diet Coke eh. I am a Diet Coke addict and I would have enjoyed seeing my name Celeste on a coke bottle. Hindi naman westernized ang name ko so I doubt if I can readily find my name on those bottles being sold on stores. Hindi tuloy ako makauso. Wala naman akong energy na pumila para magpa-personalize noh.

Two nights ago, we were at Mac's Gasoline Station and we saw these bunch of cokes (na halatang nahalo-halo na ng customers) in their convenience store. I instantly saw a Sarah bottle (my best cousin's` name is Sarah) and I felt envious. Buti pa siya western ang name haha!


Oh well, kahit papano happy na rin ako because my Baby Chicklet has his own Coke bottle na. I'm glad I've chosen a pretty simple (and common) name for him.


``

No comments:

Post a Comment