Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My attempts in making the best crispy pata in Edmonton

Modesty aside, my mother cooks the best crispy pata in the world. And as her only daughter, she has to pass onto me this great gift of cooking crispy pata, right?

Her recipe is actually very simple. Just boil the pata with salt and garlic.


Which I did last night.

Unfortunately, my version tasted bland. It looked appetizing though. Plus I never had a hard time frying. To my surprise, there was no dreadful 'tilamsik' at all!


This was actually my second attempt in mimicking my Mamoosh' crispy pata. My first was last January. But instead of frying, we oven-cooked it.


Matabang din siya. Saka di ko nahiwa para mas mabilis maluto at mas lumutong ang balat. And though cooking via oven is safer and healthier (no more cooking oil plus the pork's fat will drip pa), nothing beats a crispy pata that's traditionally cooked syempre.

But I won't give up! I bought two more pork hocks the other day from Lucky 97 and I will try again. This time, I won't be scared in putting more salt. That's the problem with me, I am so afraid to use salt (obviously not a risk-taker haha!). I wish my mother knows the exact measurements of all her recipes. That would make my life easier hay!

Someday I will come up with the best crispy pata in Edmonton. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog entertaining. Why did you stop posting? I am also from Edmonton. I just came across your blog as I was googling "Empanada Convenience Store" cause I wanted to know what time they open. Keep posting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Hello! Wow, thank you! I stopped for a while because I got pregnant hehe! But I will try to write again promise! =)

    ReplyDelete