Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On Commuting and ETS Fare

I started working last February 1 and a few days after that, I asked my husband to get me an ETS Monthly Pass. I really thought it would be sulit (I also anticipated that I can lend it to my sis-in-law for a few days that she was here so she can move on her own), but I was wrong.

An ETS Monthly Pass costs $89 and I certainly wasn't even able to consume half of its worth.

The reasons:
  • I only used my pass in going to work (one-way) because Ford picks me up at night.
  • My husband sometimes would drop me off at work on his way back to the office ( he eats lunch at home). He did so because buses only operate in our area during peak hours in the morning and late afternoon/evening and I would have to walk at least 1.2km to the next 'nearest' bus stop.
  • My in-laws were here so I never had the time to "explore" Edmonton more by riding the bus.
  • My sis-in-law never had the chance use my pass.
One of my regrets is that I never had a monthly pass when I was still a 'bum' and we were still living in Downtown. I was hard headed kasi, I told my husband that I didn't want to publicly commute. I got so used to having my own personal driver, that's why.


Up until now, I am still nanghihinayang with my February Pass. Pero di bale na nga, may tax credit naman kahit papaano.

So for this month, Ford just bought a 20-pack Adult Ticket online. I think it cost him around $45 (including shipping). Not bad since one ticket only costs around $2.25 (exact cash fare in the bus is $3.20).


I still find the ETS fare here in Edmonton a bit pricey. Hay, I better get used to it. Riding the bus is still much cheaper than buying and maintaining another car eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment