Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentine 2014: A one-hour date at Denny's

February 14, 2014 (Friday). I was originally very excited for Valentine's Day. Why, it was the first time that the Husband and I will celebrate that love day being physically together. But things don't always happen as we plan it, right? Ford's mom and dad vacationed here from January 30 to February 20 and his sister even followed - arriving on Valentine Day itself. But it was fine, I said to myself. We can celebrate hearts day any time naman.

When Ford picked me up from work at past 10pm, I really thought he'd bring his sister Cecille with him. Akala ko pa naman gigimik kami sa White Ave. But apparently, Cecille was very tired and sleepy na pala.

And so nakahabol pa kami ng date!

I was starving and since ayaw namin makipagsiksikan sa ibang restaurants, we ended up at Denny's. Haha, comfort place na talaga namin yun.

My Valentine since March 2003

Since it was a 'special' day, we deviated from ordering our usual lumberjack slam. Parang di naman bagay sa occasion ang pancake, di ba?

Kaya ito na lang...


I was tired from a long day's (err, night's) work but I was really glad na nasolo ko ang asawa ko kahit isang oras lang hehe.



It was a simple yet fulfilling celebration. We were grateful for the food and for the love and company we've been giving to each other since 2003. Love indeed conquers all.

Happy Valentine's Day! -- Ford & Ces



No comments:

Post a Comment