Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Our Canada Day 2014

First of all, Ford and I want to express our gratitude to our adoptive country Canada. Our hearts are filled with joy because after a decade of being in a long distance relationship, we are now building our family life together. This became possible because Canada took us in.

Thank you, Canada! We promise to continuously being your good and productive citizens. Mabuhay ka!

My UP doll "ISKO" happy to be holding a Canadian flag :)
--------------------------------------

July 1, 2014. This wasn't actually my first experience of Canada Day. I first visited Edmonton in July-August 2012 (when Ford and I were newly married) and we were able to watch the fireworks display at Alberta Legislature Grounds. I remember feeling overwhelmed seeing so many Canadians rejoicing for their beloved country. Their celebration was relatively modest but the Canadian spirit of solidarity was there. It was then that I realized that yeah, I would want to be a Canadian too someday.

Anyway, since I am pregnant, going to a crowded event this year was not an option so the husband and I decided to just celebrate Canada Day at home. We also invited Ate June (Ford's cousin) and Cecil and Claire. Ford and I do not know how to cook (I only cook for my own consumption) so it was just a barbeque event haha!

Ford had to fetch Ate June and Cecil and Claire because they do not drive in Edmonton yet.

Oops, pardon our front porch/stair... hindi pa rin tapos hanggang ngayon!

I planned on buying so many Canada Day paraphernalia (haha, I am such a sucker for all mababaw na bagay!) but my condition hindered me to do so. Di bale, next year na lang.


This was what we feasted in -- steak, pork barbeque, tilapia, mussels, corn.


Our guests really liked my pork barbeque haha! I used Tita Che's recipe for that. Success!

By the way, it was the first time that we 'used' (and enjoyed) our balcony. =)

For dessert, we chose Selecta ice cream! Panlasang pinoy pa rin ang nanaig!


I do not feel confident having my picture taken lately (I am so tamad mag-ayos) so si Chicklet na lang. This is my baby's first ever Canada Day.

  
I am thankful to my husband for bringing me here in Canada. In a few more months, we'll have our own Canadian child na hahaha!


Happy Canada Day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment