Thursday, July 17, 2014

Some rainy day sentiments

It's a cold and rainy Thursday. I am loving the weather. Parang nakikisama ang panahon, nakikisabay sa maulang lagay ng Pilipinas sa ngayon.


But unlike in the Philippines, there will be no dreadful typhoons here. No destructive winds. No deep floods. Just mere rain showers.

According to my husband, there is hardly any natural calamity here in Edmonton. An earthquake is in fact very unlikely to happen. Whoaah, so ganito pala sa ibang panig ng mundo. While we Filipinos are getting so used to regular calamities and natural disasters (Philippines daw is the 3rd most disaster-prone countries in the world, next to Tonga and Vanuatu), other countries and people are enjoying hassle-free lives. Ni hindi uso ang brownout dito.

Life is really not fair noh?

I am grateful that at 34, I was given the chance to move into a developed country where life is much better and easier. But I am not selfish.  Inasmuch as I am having a good time here, I couldn't help but feel the hardships that my fellow Filipinos are experiencing in our home country right now. I get heart-broken whenever I watch the news, seeing homeless families and hungry children is just too much painful to bear. If only there's something I can do.

Let's just all pray for our beloved Philippines.



--------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Due to strong winds of Typhoon Glenda last July 16 (Philippine time), the huge gate of our garage hit the windshield of one of our buses. My brother also incurred a minor knee injury because he was trying to control the said gate. But other than that, we are thankful that all our family, relatives and friends (and our other properties) are safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment