Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Shopping for Chicklet starts now!

I've been pregnant for more than five months now and I realized that it's about time we start buying things for our little boy.

Ah huh, we're having a baby boy! Sana lang hindi kami ma-surprise later on at maging girl haha!

Anyway, Ford and I were at Target (WEM) this evening and I was able to buy these two onesies. And yep, they were on sale!


Our baby will be born on the cold month of November so we have to buy 'panlamig' clothes. I was advised not to buy newborn clothing (masasayang lang daw) kaya pang three months na ang binili namin.

So I guess this is the official start of  the 'shopping-for-baby' phase of our life. But before we proceed with that, here are some of my thoughts:

  • It's really more fun shopping for girls' stuff (sorry Chicklet, but it's the truth!). Haha, andaming kakikayan pag baby girl.
  • Inasmuch as I am excited to buy stuff for my very first child, I have to control myself. Babies grow fast so sayang talaga ang maraming damit na mabilis makalakihan.
  • Again, look for "great deals" when shopping. Di pwedeng maatat agad, kailangan mag-antay ng sale haha! Namamahalan ako sa mga gamit dito (sana lang may Divisoria dito noh) and pag nag-convert ka in pesos, malamang di ka makakabili.
  • Never buy uber expensive things for the baby kasi di naman nila talaga maaappreciate pa.
  • As first time parents, our initial reaction on 'hand-me-downs' was "no, thank you." But then later in this pregnancy I realized na 'bakit naman hindi?' My friend Mels wants to give me her baby's pambahay (i.e. shorts and sandos) pag-uwi namin sa Pinas para daw may pang-araw-araw si baby and I gladly accepted. Sayang naman nga kasi kung bibili pa ako tapos sandali lang magagamit.
  • It kinda feels sad because most of our baby's things will be bought by us. We don't have that much family and friends here na magreregalo eh. It feels good to receive gifts, right? Parang ang daming excited at gustong mag-welcome sa baby kapag ganun.
  • We have to take good care of all Chicklet's things because who knows, we might have another baby in the future who might need them (haha, poor bunso!).

Had I been living in the Philippines, I won't have any problem shopping for the baby. I am familiar with the malls and stores and I know where to score good deals. Dito mangangapa pa ako. But I'll get there.

Oops, before I forget, ang mga unang gamit ni Chicklet ay galing kay Mamoosh (from the Philippines). When Ford went home to Pinas last May for his grandmother's burial, I asked my mother to shop for the baby. Nagpabili ako ng mga gamit ng bata na wala raw dito. I'll post them later on. Thanks, Mamoosh! =)


5 comments:

  1. Hey! This is stylista from Girltalk! I have a 6 years old boy but I can definitely give you his baby stuff. Whatever you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sis Stylista! Naku nakakahiya po hehe! :)

      Delete
  2. No worries. It's better to use old clothes for babies as they tend to get dirty easily. Sana kung nasa bahay lang naman kayo. Besides they also grow pretty fast so every couple months you needed to buy bigger clothes. I have tons of socks and bibs as well. I'll see what I have left cause I gave some away already. Let me know so we can meet up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll PM you my name on GT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sige, sis! I am excited to meet new friends here in Edmonton. Sana nga rin matuloy yung EB hehe! :)

      Delete