Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas card from Mels

A couple of weeks ago, I asked (or rather, demanded) my girl friends to send me a Christmas card. You see, those girls are the only persons who give me gifts for Christmas (haha!) and now that I live faraway from them, I miss our yearly gift-giving activity. So for the meantime, sabi ko kung pwede card na lang muna. They happily obliged.

Atty. Mel's card came in the mail yesterday (December 5) and I was surprised kasi ang aga. Wala pa nga akong Christmas tree kaloka! But I was very happy. Ang sarap makatanggap ng something from your friends and from Pinas! It's like receiving a piece of home.

But another thing actually surprised me. When I looked at the envelope, there is no stamp or any postal mark in. As in malinis. There's just a handwritten "85" on the upper right portion of the envelope which I assume is the postal fee. So parang personal na nilagay lang ito sa mail box namin at hindi dumaan sa postal office. Paano kaya itong nakarating dito??? Ni walang date stamp ha.


Too bad, I was hoping pa naman to receive nice Philippine stamps na Christmas theme (may nakita ako nun sa internet eh). And I am sure you will agree that those stamps and marks give a mailed letter its distinct character. That makes a written card much more special. Importante rin kasi ang date stamps for documentation, di ba?

Oh well, I am still expecting two cards from Pinas so sana naman may stamp at mga tatak na.

Ooops by the way, I still didn't open the card. Kapag malapit na ang pasko na lang at may Christmas tree na kami para mas feel na feel ko.

Thanks so much, pare ko! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment