Monday, December 8, 2014

No to newborn clothes

I had to fix Chicklet's drawers yesterday. I removed all those clothes that no longer fit him.


I actually felt bad. These clothes were given to him by his Tita Cil Cil (Ford's sister). But they were all newborn sizes and he wasn't able to wear them even once. Sayang, sobrang cute pa naman.

Chicklet was a big baby when he was born -- 7 lbs 13 oz. Even before I gave birth, I already knew that I was having a big boy because of my weekly ultrasound. So when my mother-in-law handed to me those clothes that Cil Cil shopped for Chicklet, I instantly knew that they won't fit. I can't blame my sis-in-law though, it was her first time to buy clothes for babies. First time tita eh, hehe.

Chicklet also received one newborn-sized sleepsuit from Ate Celina (one of our new friends here in Edmonton) when we were still in the hospital. At first we thought it was sakto lang. But in less than two weeks, the baby have outgrown it. Buti napasuot pa namin once and nagamit for 'picture-taking.'

Our baby boy is now 25 days old and he's growing up so fast. The last time we weighed him, he was over 10 lbs already. I can feel that he's getting heavier every day. The pambahay clothes that he's wearing now were all padala by my mother from Pinas, some of which ay malapit na ring makaliitan. Ganun pala talaga ang baby, ang bilis lumaki. Lalo na kapag boy.

One good advice that was given to me when I was shopping for baby clothes wa to not buy too small sizes. Masasayang lang daw at puwedeng hindi na masuot. Noong huling month of pregnancy ko na, I was torn. I wanted to buy a few newborn clothing din kasi I wanted my son to have good-fitting outfits. Buti na lang hindi na ako nakabili.

I am now more convinced to not splurge on baby clothes anymore. Para ka lang palang nagtatapon ng pera pag ganun. So I guess kailangan na lang dalasan ni hubby ang paglalaba, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment