Tuesday, December 9, 2014

No snow shoveling for us

We live in a townhouse. We deliberately chose to live in one because it is practical -- i.e., we don't have to shovel snow.

November 28, 2014
Have you imagined living in a place with snow for at least 6 months? And very thick-and-lasting snow, mind you. Though having our own laned home with (front and back yard and all) is tempting, especially now that we have a son who could use the space, the recent heavy snowing the past days made me remember why we chose to buy a town home in the first place.

I've seen so many friends post on Facebook about their shoveling activities and I am not a bit envious haha! It's a chore that we would gladly skip. I've grown up in Pinas and I am not accustomed to removing chunks of snow from front and drive way in a negative 15+-degree weather. My husband already has too many tasks on his hand, he couldn't possibly accommodate another heavy house work. Home owners are obligated to 'clear' their areas from snow or they will be charged with penalty or worst, sued if someone accidentally slides within their vicinity.

Since we are townhouse residents, we just have to pay a monthly due of $135 to our Association then we can go sitting pretty. The Association is in charged of hiring people who will maintain our common spaces. We don't have to shovel during winter nor do gardening on summers. I am not an outdoor person so I don't mind not having a say on my garden anyway.

I am not sure if we'll be staying here "forever" but as of now, I am contented. Our house is big enough for the three of us and it's low maintenance.'  Again, I have no desire for shoveling snow any time lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment