Thursday, December 4, 2014

Nathan's Crib

I have yet to write a long post about my birthing story, but I still do not have the time and energy for a long post. I'll blog about it in the next days.

Anyway, I just want to show you our Nathan's crib. We have an extra room in the house but we did not put up a nursery. Our baby will be sleeping with us in our bedroom (of course) so he just have a "corner" instead of a whole nursery hehe.

We actually bought two cribs. One is this white wooden crib that can serve as our boy's bed na rin later (until he's about three years old) and the other is a Graco playpen that we placed in our living room (I'll show it to you later). Both were bought at Walmart.


I am happy to have found a colorful animal-printed bedding set in Walmart as well. I am not fond of "all blue" for the little boy eh. By the way, it has a terno crib mobile din but we didn't put it up yet.


I wanted to do something special for my baby Chicklet so I set up a welcoming party. We haven't really bought toys yet (we prioritized to shop for the baby essentials first), yan pa lang ang meron kami. The brown bear is Pod's actually (regalo ko sa kanya noong 2012 birthday niya).



I printed a small simple welcome banner, too. Sorry Nathan, Mommy has no budget for a grander welcome home surprise. But I did my best to make your first day at home a bit special.


Ooops, this is Niknok -- Chicklet's buddy. I bought it at Ikea (I got so fixated with this soft doll the moment I saw it) and I wish my baby gets to enjoy it soon. Who says only girls can play with dolls?

Niknok - derived from sinok or huccups (because Chicklet is so sinukin)
----------------------------------

We finally were able to bring Nathan home last November 17 (Monday). It was a very joyful occasion. Imagine, tatlo na kami sa bahay! A baby truly lightens up any dull house!

Though modest and simple, my baby Nathan seemed to enjoy his new crib and new home.


Welcome home, anak! We are so glad you're here. Your dad and I promise to give you a good home and a happy family life. We love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment