Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hello Kitty Happy Meal

I was at West Edmonton Mall for almost the whole day last Friday (November 7). I went on my 10th weekly ultrasound at 10am and I asked the husband not to pick me up anymore during his lunch time. I wanted to walk and walk (my cervix is still closed) and do a bit of shopping hihi.

I had my lunch at T&T (as usual), shopped a little, and read a book while resting. At around 3:45pm, while lounging on the mall's couch, I saw a little girl carrying a McDonald's Happy Meal box. The box has a hello kitty print on it.

Sabi ko na nga ba, hello kitty ang toy ng happy meal ngayon eh! Parang may nakita kasi ako sa Facebook na ganito, I just wasn't sure kung available ba dito sa Canada.

My heart palpitated, I am always like this whenever there's a hello kitty happy meal on the market. You see, I was (still am) a hello kitty addict. I have one room in our Philippine home that's filled with kitty (no kidding!).  There's really something about this sweet feline that makes me giddy.

And so I went to the foodcourt where there's a McDonald's to verify if they indeed have a hello kitty happy meal.

Upon confirming that they do, I had a three-minute self-deliberation:

     Bibili ba ako? Haler, bawal sa akin ang fast food kasi may gestational diabetes ako.
     Eh sayang naman, yan lang ang hello kitty souvenir mo para sa 40th birthday ni hello kitty.

I haven't eaten fast food since I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so I was really hesitant. In the end, my love for hello kitty prevailed.

     Sige na nga, minsan lang naman. Hindi ko na lang uubusin ang fries, saka maliit lang naman ang cup ng orange juice. 

After paying $4.50 (tax included), or approximately Php180.00, I was one big happy girl carrying this!

The big cup was just water.
It was my first time to buy a happy meal here and I didn't know "how." Basically, you have to choose an entree pala (and that would determine the price), then the side, then the drink. Unlike in the Philippines, ginawa nilang "healthier" ang options dito, ni hindi nga rin pwede ang softdrinks (or pop as what they call it here).


I was also happy that they put everything on this box. Namimiss ko ito eh. Sa Pilipinas kasi madalas wala ng box, naka-paper bag na lang.


The complete meal -- 4 pieces chicken nuggets, small fries (I only ate a few), small orange juice, strawberry yogurt (na hindi ko din kinain kasi ayaw ko nun)...


And the toy!


Too bad I wasn't able to choose the toy. Maliit lang kasi ang McDonald's sa foodcourt at maraming tao, nagmamadali ang mga crew. They just asked me kung for boy or girl ang toy and that's it. Wala rin silang display o poster man lang ng happy meal toys.

Buti na lang I got the one with a cake. Here's the complete set pala:

Picture taken from the internet (credits to the owner)

There are eight designs. Tsk, if only I can buy them all, just like what I always do in Pinas. Kaso ang mahal din kasi, saka hindi ko na siya priority.

-----------------------

I remember, whenever I learn that hello kitty is featured on the happy meal, my Mamoosh and I would rush to McDonald's Bocaue or SM Marilao and we would buy all the designs at once! Haha, those were the days!

-------------------------

Happy meals do doubt will become part of my life here in Edmonton as I will soon have a child. Kaya lang boy kasi sya, magkaiba kami ng preference sa toys haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment