Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Jollibee in Vancouver?

In the midst of the Corona pandemic, one "good" news put a smile on my face -- magbubukas na raw ang Jollibee dito sa Vancouver!

This was posted by pinoy-canada.com last March 23, 2020:



Apparently, the first location will be in Grandville Downtown Vancouver daw and they will open around winter time.

I was a bit skeptic so I continued googling and found out that they indeed were starting to recruit people na for certain positions at the store.


I posted this on my IG Stories last March 24, 2020

Grabe, I was so happy! I am a Jollibee girl at talagang I planned on eating at Jollibee every weekend. Never mind that it's in Downtown (about one hour from home), keri na yun. At least hindi na kami magko-crossborder para makakain lang ng chickenjoy. Every weekend kasi kapag lalabas kami, we don't know where to eat anymore. Hindi nga kasi kami foodie, we don't like experimenting with food. We'd be happy na to eat palabok, spaghetti, yum burger, and chickenjoy alternately on weekends. Hindi healthy, I know, pero ano bang pwedeng kainin sa labas na healthy talaga waaah. Please don't suggest salad lol.

So yun nga, looking forward na talag aka sa winter. Kaso at the rate things are going with regard to the virus, kinakabahan ako. Most businesses today are in crisis. Tapos nabasa ko pa ito:


Ayan, derailed by virus daw hay. Mukhang mauunsyami ang Jollibee ko. Ang taas ng cost mag-business sa Vancouver sa totoo lang at parang hindi wise ngang magbukas ng restaurant sa ganitong panahon. At hanggang walang vaccine, ipa-practice ang physical distancing for sure. Kaya hindi makakapag-operate ang restaurants in their full capacity. Tsk.

Bakit nga ba ganun, kung kelan abot-kamay na saka naman mawawala uli. Paasa. Sana si Covid na lang ang mawala forever.

My heart is still hoping though, na magkakaroon na talaga ng Jollibee dito sa British Columbia. My friends in Edmonton have long been enjoying chickenjoy and yum burgers na eh, saka kami rin dito.

No comments:

Post a Comment