Friday, August 22, 2014

Dollarama Pregnancy Test

Two of my friends here in Canada have recently announced their pregnancies using these pictures.

Photos taken from my friends' FB and IG accounts

My First Reaction: "Whoaaah! Ang mahal ng pregnancy kit na ginamit nila ha!"

Ako kasi Dollarama lang haha!

When my period hasn't come two weeks past its due (and I was feeling so much pain on my hips and lower back), I went to London Drugs to buy a pregnancy kit. I wasn't that hopeful about being pregnant, I just wanted to make sure that I am not before I go to the doctor.

The prices of pregnancy kits disappointed me. A Clearblue test costs around $20 and I couldn't force myself to buy it. No way! In the Philippines, one can buy a kit for less than Php100  - and there are many choices.

I knew that Dollarama sells pregnancy test so I asked my husband to buy two for me. I've read pretty much good reviews about it and I told myself, "haler, you can never go wrong with $1.25 noh!"


Yep, this pregnancy test only costs $1.25 (plus 5% tax syempre).


Kamukha lang naman ang kit na ito nung mga binebenta sa Pinas, iba lang ang packaging. I honestly never doubted its accuracy.

I used one (bottom) and in less than a minute, two lines appeared. My heart palpitated, I knew it! I used the other one to be sure and again, two lines have appeared.


I showed the two tests to Ford and he wasn't convinced. He told me the two T lines were not as clear as the C lines. Malabo raw.

I reasoned na ganun talaga. Malinaw talaga ang C line kasi constant yun, talagang maga-appear positive man o negative. What's important is that the T lines were clear and distinct enough.

Ford bought two more Dollarama test kits that day and both gave the same results. Positive talaga.

And so for $5.25 (tax included), we've known that I am pregnant. Four tests na yun ha.

So I advise those who are anticipating to get pregnant to try this cheap test kit first. Buy at least two if you wanna be sure. =)

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding blog, in my opinion site owners should acquire a great deal out of this blog its very user welcoming.obgyn near me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the information.


    Find Dr Jolly Diagnostics Centre Greater Kailash Delhi. Pathology Labs in GK, X Ray Centres, Health Check UP Centres, color doppler ultrasound, Blood Test.
    Best Pathology Labs in Greater Kailash 1 – Delhi

    ReplyDelete