Thursday, August 14, 2014

Go away, summer!

I was never fond of summer. And although summer here is no match as compared to Pinas' humid all-year-round weather, I still find it hard to deal with the 'heat.'

The hottest weather I've experienced here is far is 31 degrees. Yep, not that hot. Plus it's not malagkit ha. But my pregnant self who's gotten accustomed to the cold was reacting. I really wish summer is over! Hinding-hindi ko talaga mami-miss ang init ever!

Our town house has no centralized air conditioning system. When it was still being built, my husband asked me if I want one installed (priced at $5,000 if I remember correctly). I said no, sayang sa kuryente noh! Dalawa lang kami sa bahay tapos naka-aircon lahat ng sulok? I will just feel guilty using it.

The only solution was buying a portable aircon na lang. We cannot put in a wall type airconditioner because our "Association" forbids us to do so. Ayaw nila ng may nakalawit sa mga bintana.


I've noticed na malaki talaga ang demand sa portable aircon dito. I guess very few houses here in Edmonton have centralized air conditioning. Parang hindi naman kasi nga kailangan. Aside from the cost, sandali lang naman kasi talaga ang init dito. Canadians, I believe, are also tired of the cold weather that's why they enjoy the heat to the fullest. Andami ngang nagsa-sunbathing sa mga balcony nila kaloka!

It's already mid-August. Time flies. Malapit na ang fall. I am excited to wear jackets again.


No comments:

Post a Comment