Friday, August 22, 2014

Manila Grill Express (Edmonton)

Just across Lucky Supermarket (North Branch) is the building where another FIlipino restaurant Manila Grill Express is located.




The place is actually very small, having only 8 tables that cannot accommodate that many customers. From where you are seated, you can already see the kitchen. And by observing the staff, one can deduce that this restaurant is family-operated.


The place is clean and has free wi-fi. And I love their wash room!


We went there one Saturday night and all the tables were occupied. Many were even ordering bulk for take-out.


Their menu is quite confusing though. They handed us this one-sheet laminated menu...


But they also asked us to take a look at their 'Daily Special' written on a small white board...


They also have a menu posted in two of the TVs behind the counter! Medyo magulo talaga.

I wish they can just come up with a visually appealing and complete menu list. Meron din kasi silang offerings na wala sa listahan.

So far, I can not comment that much on the quality of the food as I have only tasted their chicken mami and meat platter. We've ordered the same thing the two times we dined there (we're such creatures of habit noh?).

The chicken mami tasted fine. Although one time it tasted 'mapait.' Must be from the vegetables. But the serving is huge, pwedeng for sharing.

There was a time in my pregnancy that I craved for chicken mami so I asked my husband to buy some take-out mami for me. I noticed na syempre mas maliit ang lalagyan kapag take-out. Mas sulit kung dine in.


Their meat platter is a combination of grilled pork, beef, and chicken. Masarap naman. Medyo pricey nga lang for $16.95 (plus tax and tip).



I've read several good reviews about their other food (like crispy pata, seafood platter, etc.) but I have yet to try them. Hopefully soon. Eating ala carte in Filipino restaurant is hard on the budget din kasi. Also, dalawa lang kami palagi ng asawa ko kaya hindi kami maka-order ng sari-sari kasi hindi namin mauubos.

---
Oops by the way, I've tried their pancit bihon na nga rin pala (take-out). Manila Grill Express is now my official 'bilihan ng pancit' kasi gusto ko ang lasa. And if you are lucky, calamansi ang kasama at hindi lemon.

$30 (plus tax) Pancit tray

-------------------------------
Manila Grill Express
13905 127 St. NW Edmonton, AB T6V 1A8
(587) 524 -1884
Store Hours: Monday: closed
                    Tuesday - Saturday : 11am - 8:30pm
                    Sunday: 11am - 7pm



No comments:

Post a Comment