Monday, August 18, 2014

Kitakits with Saskatoon relatives

August 2, 2014 (Saturday). Some relatives (and Lolomboy kapitbahay) from Saskatoon came over here in Edmonton for a weekend get-away. I saw their posts on Facebook that they were at Max's Edmonton so I immediately pm'ed Ate Leslie and asked if they'd happen to go to West Edmonton Mall. We agreed to meet the following day.

It's fun meeting them. I haven't seen Ate Lea in more than a decade so we were able to catch up a bit.

Photo taken from Ate Leslie's Facebook account

Too bad Nanang Ake (Mamoosh' cousin), who's just visiting Canada, wasn't there. They went to Banff daw that day.

Photo taken from Ate Leslie's Facebook account

Haha, I would I could invite at home but I don't know how to cook! Maybe next time.

Ate Lea kept on telling me that should we go to Saskatoon (which is a 6-hour drive), I should tell her. Of course I will. Ford's head office is located there so it's not a remote possibility. In fact, he used to frequent Saskatoon prior to my coming here. Sayang nga kasi kung kelan ako dumating eh saka naman siya hindi pinapadala dun kaloka!

It was really nice seeing familiar faces here in Edmonton. How I wish marami rin kaming kamag-anak at kaibigan dito. Ate Lea and Kuya Jim are 'convincing' us to move in Saskatoon kasi mas masaya daw doon haha! I know, ang dami na kasi talaga nila doon. Pero ok na kami dito sa Edmonton, mas 'urbanized' naman kasi dito. I just hope we can just go there to visit. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment