Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sunday night inuman at home

Our friends Bal, Cecil, and their little girl Claire came over last Sunday (August 17) for some chikahan, kainan, and inuman. Bal works in Fort McMurray and he's only here in Edmonton several days a month.

Cecil invited Joy (their friend and my new found pal as well) and her kids to come too but they were not available. They had a lot of packing to do for their lipat-bahay by the end of August.

Joy instead just sent her home-baked cassava cake (which I wasn't able to taste because of my gestational diabetes grrr!).



Bal brought his famous kare-kare yipeeee! Ford and I just prepared some pork barbeque (Cecil's request) and mussels.

And because the guys were so "atat" uminom, Ford and I both bought some beer (Red Horse and Sapporo).



I cooked some fishballs too for pulutan.


It was fun having them around! Mag-isa lang ako palagi sa bahay at masarap naman may makachikahan noh!

Oops by the way, Cecil is also pregnant! I am just four weeks ahead of her.




Little Claire was busy amusing herself while the oldies were munching and drinking. Sometimes I couldn't help but wish for our child to be a girl. Mas mukhang behaved eh haha! Pag boy siguro ay sobrang hyper.


Ford was so happy kasi ngayon lang siya nakainom uli ng maraming beer (7 bottles to be exact) after a very long time! Pwede pa sanang mas marami but he has work the following day.

And when he tested his blood pressure, bumaba! Tila 120/80 yata. The lowest he's had in weeks! So beer lang pala ang solusyon sa hypertension haha!


The one difficult thing after inuman is going home. Since "no drunk driving" is strictly implemented here, disiplinado talaga ang mga tao. The Cuencas had to take a cab to get home. They live 7 minutes away.



Thank you guys for coming over! Let's do this again!


--------------------------------
The Cuencas left at around 11pm and I was tired (plus I did some telebabad with Tita Che) so I just started to clean up the following day.


Hay, ito ang hirap dito sa Canada eh. Kalat mo, linis mo! I miss having a house help around!


No comments:

Post a Comment